This course consists of 28 training hours, including six monthly one-hour virtual reflective practice sessions. The training is delivered virtually through six 4-hour live sessions. Attendance is required at all live sessions; these sessions are NOT recorded. Participants who complete the course will receive a certificate.
This course is approved for 20.35 Continuing Education Credits for physicians, nurses, social workers, and psychologists. Learn more.
Session Dates and Times:
- Tue 01/24/2023 12-4 pm ET
- Thu 01/26/2023 12-4 pm ET
- Tue 01/31/2023 12-4 pm ET
- Thu 02/02/2023 12-4 pm ET
- Tue 02/07/2023 12-4 pm ET
- Thu 02/09/2023 12-4 pm ET
What you will learn:
- Strategies for building partnerships with parents that promote family strengths
- A framework to understand why children’s behavior can sometimes be challenging and confusing
- Techniques for talking with families about child development concerns
- How to actively listen to families and collaboratively solve problems related to child development or a child-family relationship
Number of participants:
Minimum of 10
Maximum of 20
Professionals who work with families of young children, including child care educators, family child care providers, home visitors, pediatricians, early intervention educators, and more.
BTC Learning Network members can save $20 on the course fee. Contact us if you are a member.