The Touchpoints Parenting Program is a practical, preventive curriculum designed to meet the needs of today’s families with the goal of supporting positive parent-child relationships. The curriculum consists of a series of parenting modules that early childhood program leaders can facilitate in their program to come alongside parents as they learn about their children and address issues facing their families.
The Touchpoints Parenting Program meets the Head Start Program Performance Standard for Parenting Curriculum.
This course teaches participants how to facilitate the Touchpoints Parenting Program in their program. The course consists of 22 training hours, including four 4-hour virtual live sessions and 6 hours of monthly reflective practice. Attendance is required at all live sessions and at 4 of the 6 reflective practice sessions. Sessions are not recorded.
Session dates and times:
Live sessions are on the following Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 12-4 pm ET / 9-1 pm PT each day:
- Tuesday, August 22
- Wednesday, August 23
- Tuesday, August 29
- Wednesday August 30
- 6 monthly Reflective Practice calls will be scheduled at the end of the course
What you will learn:
- Strategies for engaging parents in conversations about their children’s development using Touchpoints-informed practice within a group
- Strategies for supporting parental mastery as parents practice new skills within a group
- Group facilitation techniques, including how to use the Touchpoints Approach with a group
The Parenting Program Modules include:
- Parenting Your Unique Child: Joys and Challenges
- Understanding Your Child’s Development
- Nurturing and Caring for Your Children: Keeping Your Children Safe and Healthy
- Exploring Your Family’s Culture and Language
- Discipline: Your Role as Parents Over Time — Teacher and Guide
To participate in this training, providers must have previously completed this Brazelton Touchpoints Center training: Touchpoints: The How of Child and Family Engagement
Number of participants:
Minimum of 15
Maximum of 20
Professionals who work with families of young children and currently facilitate or are interested in implementing parenting programs or groups.
BTC Learning Network members can save $25 on the course fee. Contact us if you are a member.